Terms of payment
Skagen Strand A/S
CVR nr. 25483901
Tranevej 108, Hulsig, 9990 Skagen
Tlf.: + 45 9848 7222
If you book online, the full amount (100%) including extra purchases has to be paid at the same time as the booking. Immidiately after you will recieve a booking confirmation.
Booking by phone or e-mail
As soon as possible after your booking, Skagen Strand will forward a booking confirmation and advice of payment. The booking becomes binding for the customer when the amount is paid; for Skagen Strand it becomes binding upon receipt of the payment.
If you book accommodation at a value of more than DKK 5,000, you can pay in 2 instalments. The first instalment (40% of the amount) is to be paid not later than 10 days after receipt of your booking agreement. The remaining part (60%) is to be paid not later than 6 weeks before arrival. If the first instalment is not paid in time, Skagen Strand is entitled to cancel the booking. If the second instalment is not paid in time, Skagen Strand is entitled to cancel the booking – in this case the first instalment will not be refunded.
If you book accommodation at a value of less than DKK 5,000, the amount has to be paid not later than 10 days after receipt of the booking agreement. If the amount is not paid in time, Skagen Strand is entitled to cancel the booking.
At Skagen Strand you can pay with Dankort / VISA-Dankort, MasterCard, Maestro, VISA, American Express and JBC
We do not charge card fees.
When booking a stay with us for a specific date or period, the agreement cannot be canceled.
A customer can buy a holiday cancellation insurance at the amount of 5% of the rent upon booking and pay this amount together with the full rent. If the customer with a cancellation insurance cancels the holiday because of acute illness, accident or death of tenant, spouse, children, parents, or siblings the full rent will thus be refunded.The holiday cancellation insurance covers from the day it is taken out until the day the customer arrives at the holiday home. In the event of cancellation due to one of the aforementioned reasons, a medical certificate/death certificate shall be submitted to Skagen Strand.
- In the event of cancellation without cancellation insurance, which takes place from the time of booking to no later than 30 days before arrival, DKK 500 is payable in fee.
- In the event of cancellation without cancellation insurance, which take place between 30 and 2 days before arrival, 50% of the rent amount shall be paid.
- In the event of cancellation without cancellation insurance, which take place less than 2 days before arrival, or in the case of non-appearance, 100% of the rent amount shall be paid.
These rules also apply to catering in Restaurant Skagen Strand when bookings are made through the Skagen Strand holiday center. Restaurant Skagen Strand has its own rules for catering for conferences and parties.
Alterations to a booking will be subject to a 100.00 DKK administration fee. Alterations that involve a postponement of an agreed holdiay or alterations made less than 2 days before planned arrival are considered as cancellations and subsequent new bookings.
Cancellation of booking by Skagen Strand
Skagen Strand is entitled to cancel the booking in the case of force majeure (disasters, strikes, riots, epidemi, pandemi, acts of war or similar). In such cases Skagen Strand is bound to inform the customer as soon as possible. The custoner is not entitled to any refund.
Special offers and discounts cannot be combined, i.e. you cannot buy 2 family packages immediately one after the other. The booking includes entire disposal of the holiday home and all its fixtures and fittings throughout the tenancy period as well as final cleaning after departure.
Types of discounts
You cannot use more than one type of discount per stay. Departure outside reception opening hours. Should you wish to leave outside regular reception opening hours, please, contact the reception desk during opening hours the day before and settle your bill.In the event that you leave without settling your bill, Skagen Strand will forward the invoice and add a 250.00 DKK administration fee.
The Buying Act's rules apply to goods purchases, but not to services. This means that you generally do not have a 2 year warranty.
But if you are not satisfied with the service, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lodging of complaints
If you as consumer want to complain about this purchase, please Skagen Strand at email@example.com. If we are unable to find a solution please file a complaint with:
Ankenævnet for Feriehusudlejning, Amagertorv 9, 2, 1160 København K
If you are resident in another EU country than Denmark, you can complain to the European Commission online complaint portal here http://ec.europa.eu/odr.
You should mention our e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org in your complaint.
The terms and conditions of trade were last updated on 06.10.2020