You have chosen a Green Key Holiday Center.
Skagen Strand lives up to Green Key's strong environmental requirements and this means that when you stay here you are automatically helping to take care of the environment
We want to make it easier for you to take care of the environment without compromising your experience and comfort. Therefore:
We save on water - not on cleanliness
Water is important to all of us. We want to make it easy for you to use less water without compromising your experience and comfort. We have water-saving showers and toilets, so both you as a guest and we as a holiday center save on water.
We save on energy - not on heat
We do not save on heat but on energy. This is done byuse of energy windows and by using heating and cooling intelligent as needed. We make it easy for you to save energy and at the same time ensure you a comfortable temperature and a good indoor climate.
We save on energy - not on light
We do not save on light but on energy. This is done by using low-energy lighting, sensors and intelligent control of the light.
We make it easy for you to save energy while ensuring you a cozy and functional lighting.
* From 2023, energy and environmental fee are no longer included in our price, but must be paid according to the actual consumption at check out. This gives you as a guest a direct influence on your consumption and price in the holiday home. You can influence your own consumption by:
- Turning down the temperature in the holiday home
- Taking shorter showers
- Filling the dishwasher before starting it
- Closing windows and doors
By saving energy, you save money - and not least the environment!
We save on chemicals - not on hygiene
We use environmentally friendly and eco-labeled cleaning products, and equipment and workflows, so less resources and water are used.
We want to give you a better indoor climate with less chemicals from cleaning products but still keeping it clean and tidy.
We sort the waste
We sort ordinary and environmentally hazardous waste so that it is recycled as much as possible and does not harm the environment. We want to make it easy for you to sort your waste. You can read more about this in the SMS you receive upon arrival.
We save on paper - not on information
We give out information digitally and thus save paper - and you always have the necessary information at hand. Before arrival you will receive an email from us with useful information before your stay. At check-in, you will receive a SMS, where you will find further information that can be useful during your stay.
We provide information on environmentally friendly transportation
Trains and bicycles are more environmentally friendly transport than, for example, cars and taxis. We want to make it easy for you to use environmentally friendly means of transport. Look at the website, your welcome-SMS or contact the reception for information on public transport and bicycle rental.
Skagen Strand Hotel and Feriecenters is situated in the middle of a beautiful nature area and many of our activities are based on this proximity to nature. Therefore, it is extra important for us to meet the threatening climate changes and work for a climate and environmentally friendly operation of our holiday center.
This, however, without compromising the guests' comfort and holiday experience.
Therefore, we ask our guests to kindly contribute
- Keep doors and windows shut when the heating is turned on
- Switch off the light when you leave the holiday home
- Limit your water consumption
- Contact the reception if you detect leakages
- Sort the waste and put it into the proper waste containers
- Hazardous waste like batteries, etc. belongs in the yellow container.
- Make sure that doors and windows are closed when you leave the holiday home
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Best environmental regards,